Failure is not an option, because...success is the only option!
Our mission is to cultivate and develop the entire school community so that all students are college-and-or career ready. With foci on all populations of children, teachers will engage collaboratively to ensure accelerated student learning through reflective practice and professional learning experiences. A guiding philosophy of all adults in the school community is that every student deserves an effective teacher, and we work tirelessly to seek out opportunities that will advance this belief.
Our goal is to increase the number of level 3 and 4 students by 10% in English Language Arts and Mathematics.
Dear Parents, Guardians & Families:
Have you received a phone call from our School Messenger? Each day, we make an effort to call the home of any student who is absent from one or more classes. Attendance is extremely important. Your child cannot learn if they are not here each and every day. If you get this phone call, please realize that we want to make sure that you are aware of the student’s absence. It is our goal to work with you on making sure that your child is in school. A student can only miss 10 days throughout the entire year in order get promoted to the next grade. Please help us focus on the importance of being in class everyday.
IS 339 would like to congratulate all the parents that came out to support the SLT election on September 22nd
PA Executive board
President: Rosario Pedraza
Recording Secretary: Erica Harrichan
Treasure: IDalia Benites
The PA office is located on our first floor, room 110. If you would like to be a part of this team, feel free to stop by the welcome center room 241 and see Mr. Echavarria for more information. The parent association meets every third Monday of every month at 5:30pm in the school library. Our first meeting will take place October 20th, 2014.
SAVE THE DATE
- October 6th student council meeting @ 3:30 pm
- October 10th Progress Report Distributed
- October 13th Columbus Day school Closed
- October 15th State accountability meeting 9 am
- October 16th first Father Forum 2014 @ 5:30 pm
- October 17th It's time to wear pink day
- Sunday 19th Orchard Beach Breast Cancer Walk
- October 20th SLT meeting 3:45 pm; PA meeting @ 5:30 pm
- October 22nd High School Fair 5:30 - 7 pm
- October 25th Saturday Academy (Begins)
- October 29th Harvest Dance from 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm
HARVEST DANCE 2014
Tickets $3 in advance
$5 at the door
The mandatory uniform policy is intended to promote a more effective learning climate; foster school unity and pride; improve student performance; foster self-esteem; eliminate label competition; simplify dressing and minimize costs to parents. Our school uniform consist of the Official Tech Tiger polo shirt:
- 6th Grade: White shirt and khaki pants
- 7th Grade: Red shirt and khaki pants
- 8th Grade: Navy blue shirt and khaki pants